Sunday, October 18, 2009
Role model Interview II
My Interview with Dr Alausa went surprisingly well, despite the fact that I called him thinking I was going to hear the usual advice given. Dr Alausa was different because he gave answers that were real and made me consider the reality of the profession that i was so interested in. When asked what would be the perfect major in order to get into medical school, he simply replied "anything you love and know is worth doing" I started to ask why he didnt say biology because the perception most people get is that biology is the best major if you are intersted in going to medical school and he continued on saying"One of his biggest mistakes was having a mojor in biology because of what he thought." he goes on to say"I should have majored in anthropology which i loved so much and had so much interest in" I went on to ask him what his biggest challenge was and his reply was that money was his biggest enemy when it came to medical school. He said" Many people do not tell o the monehy issues that you are going to face and al o the loans you are going to procur while in med school, they only thing they do is make it seem as the word doctor is synonymous to rich. You dont get rich imediately trust me you dont it take hard work, time, pateince and perseverance to become rich those are synonymous." One of the most important things i got out of this interview was to take each day as it comes and to go into the profession of my choice only because i love it not just because i think im going to make money.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment