Sunday, October 11, 2009

Interview with Arietta a NewYork Based Model!

I ony had an email address for my hero Arietta and I wasn't really sure it was going to be an effective way of doing an interview but i decided to try anyways. I sent her an email with explaining who i was and why i needed the interview and also the list of questions i would love for her to answer. I sent the email on tuesday of last week and I received a reply on Saturday! I was so thrilled to read the reply although it was brief and straight to the point, it was a good enough interview and it goes as follows:

What do you enjoy most about being a modeling?
I love the thrill, the traveling, meeting all kinds of people with different backgrounds and the money is good!

What are the setbacks?
The setbacks would have to be the pressure to stay thin, to look good at all times, the traveling can be overwhelming at times and plus the people in this world are not very easy to deal with but overall i love my job

What do you do when you feel down?
My family has been my biggest supporter since day one and i turn to them whenever i feel down and they always pu;; me through. I also prayer because prayer is the key to everything.

How do you handle rejection?
I look at it this way, some people are going to love you and some aren't and the sooner you know that and accept it the better you are at this job becuase you just have to accept the rejection and try again somewhere else.

What important lessons have you learnt doing this job?
Well I always wanted to model since the age of 8, but i never thought i would be making a living of it. I went to my fisrt audition not expecting much of it and viola! here i am! so the lesson i have learnt is to dream big and u will acheive that dream

What advice would you give to upcoming models?
My advice to young girls is to believe in themselves and their dreams and never let anyone take adcantage of them. Also stay around people who love you that helps a whole lot! and finally Pray its the key to everything!

After reading her reply i realized that i woud have gotten more out of the interview if it were done in person but nevertheless, it was insightful to read since it was coming from a current model.

1 comment:

  1. You're off to a great start..you are still missing one interview from last week.

    ReplyDelete